Mold Can Spread Quickly, So What Can You Do To Stop It From Wreaking Havoc?
Mold spores are extremely lightweight, and they can easily spread from one room to the next with a single puff of air. Black mold can wreak havoc on the structure of a building, which is why immediate and professional mold cleanup should be your number one priority upon the discovery of the fungus. While you’re waiting for a professional to arrive, there are a few things you can do to keep the mold from spreading:
• Identify and address moisture issues, as any moisture problem can lead to mold growth in as little as 24 hours.
• Prevent moisture buildup with proper ventilation.
• Turn off your HVAC system until a Gravestone, Maryland, mold remediation expert has eradicated the issue.
• Monitor your building’s humidity level (ideally, it should be between 30 and 60 percent).
• Improve airflow in your building, as when temperatures drop, the air is able to hold less moisture. Without good airflow, that moisture will attach itself to your walls, ceilings, floors and furniture.
The Mold Remediation Process
You should never attempt to clean up black mold yourself, for two reasons:
1) This mold is extremely toxic.
2) Only a professional can tell just how bad the problem is and understand what measures are necessary to not just clean the mold, but kill it.
The team you hire will be well equipped to deal with the issue safely and effectively. They may begin by identifying any moisture buildup and drying those areas out. Some situations may require a vet vacuum, which is designed to suck up standing water. They may also seal off any doorways or air ducts that lead from room to room. If the mold hasn’t already spread, it will later, which can increase the cost and length of the mold cleanup process. Finally, the team will clean and disinfect any contaminated areas and possibly apply an EPA-recommended mold inhibitor to prevent future infestations.
If your building has black mold, don’t try and attempt the cleanup process on your own. Reach out to your Gravestone, Maryland, mold remediation team for help today.
Visit http://www.SERVPROofhuntvalley.com for your mold remediation emergencies.